Oct 5, 2008

Harvest Days

I have been off and having fun this with CeeKay of Thinkin' of Home since she is visiting me from Arizona. I will be posting on Wednesday the pictures of our visit. Meanwhile, I leave you with a few of the last pictures of my Fall decorations.

In this area in the front of our house I've made a little display of scarecrows, pumpkins, sunflowers, and purple mums.

The hall table in our living room is filled with colored leaves, sprays of berries, a wicker turkey filled with sprays of berries, a little straw scarecrow, small ceramic pumpkins, and a large pumpkin which says "Give Thanks".

This is my kitchen centerpiece. The tray is glass and imprinted with leaves. It's scattered with fall leaves, tiny gourds, and glass acorn salt and pepper shakers. A glass cylinder holds a white tear drop shaped candle, which is surrounded with more fall leaves.



A tiny pumpkin rests on a small white antique vase and scattered leaves. The pumpkin says "Be Thankful".

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Kathy! You're invited to "My Favorite Things Monday" inspired by the Sound of Music! You sharing a picture and story of your current 'favorite thing' that cheered you up when life got you down, would be a blessing! I hope you can come! www.sarahlcc.blogspot.com

I love your harvest decorations!

Constance said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment the other day on S&T. My Hub was hoggin' the computer all weekend because he was working on his photos (from our recent vacation) in Lightroom and then downloading them off to be printed.

I enjoyed your Fall decor and will probably post some pictures of mine on this Friday's S&T.

I envy (bad word I know tee-hee) your own space! Our youngest daughter is getting married November 7th and initially, I had designs on her room turning it into my own scrapbooking space! It won't be quite what I thought b/c the more I talked to the Hub, we decided to move out some of our Milk Bottle Collection "clutter" into her room and ease the rest of the house. Oh well, at least I can set up in there and not have to take it down everytime I need my kitchen!

Connie

Pink Slippers said...

Warm & cozy..I like your decorations. Wendy

Happy@Home said...

All of your fall decorations look great!!
Michigan is my home state and I haven't been back in 4 yrs. I am enjoying reading about you and Ceekay's adventures.

Have fun.
Kim

Just A Girl said...

Hi Kathy,
Your front yard is so darling and you must not live in my neighborhood. If I decorated like that I'd come home to everything missing. At least I can enjoy seeing yours.
I hope you have a fun time with CeeKay!
Have a blessed time.
Cori G.