Aug 18, 2009

2nd Hand Tuesday



Diane, A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words, is hosting "2nd Time Around Tuesday. Participants post things they have found at garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, thrift shops, etc. Make sure to stop by to see what wonderful things a lady with a thrifty, keen eye can find!

*****
I"d like to show you this pitcher I found at a thrift shop about 20 years ago. The shop was closing and almost everything had been sold. But this wonderful old pitcher was waiting for me!


My husband and I found this chair at a subdivision wide garage sale in the sub we live in. It was a hideous brown and the fabric and pad were awful! The people wanted to close up shop so they gave it to me for $5.00. I ripped the seat off and primed and painted the chair white, then covered new upholstery foam with this rose print. It's one of my favorite refurbishing projects!

10 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love both of them Kat! That pitcher is gorgeous!

jeanne said...

Hi Kathy, the beautiful pitcher is awesome. Perfect for iced tea. Love that thrift shopping. The chair is a treasure for $5.00. It looks beautiful with your makeover. My kind of bargain. Good job!!!

Hugs...Jeanne

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It is so wonderful to meet others who do the same thing I do. That chair turned out just beautiful. Amazing! It's nice to meet you, Mimi. Your blog is so so nice and very interesting. Thanks for sharing your finds!

~CC Catherine said...

Hey Mimi Friend Kathy.......I HAVE MISSED YOU! Yup, I have! :) How was the wedding girlfriend? It's been TOOOOO long since we've caught up, mainly my fault as I've been missing in action mostly since early June. Only have reared my gray rooted little head from seconds at a time to peer into blog land. Now, I've caught this little pretty post and am reminded why I MISS BLOGGING and my BLOGGING Pals! Please catch me up soon! GOD is awesome, AS ALWAYS, and continues to carry us through all the good and the not so good times. HE IS FAITHFUL...can't wait to hear how you are doing! Hugs! ~CC Catherine

Heather said...

you definitely have an "eye"!

Carrie said...

What lovely finds...the pitcher has such lovely lines!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh Kathy, I LOVE that chair! 5-dollars? I love it even more for that price! You did a wonderful job of rescuing it and giving it new life... great!
Cass

pam said...

That is a cool pitcher.

Denise Marie said...

wow, great treasures.

Kitty Scraps said...

Would you look at that pitcher! I love it, I would so be using every day filled with sweet peach tea and then I'd take it out my front porch and drink the whole thing! That is a beautiful pitcher and I love the size of it! And your $5 chair, well, you certainly knocked it out of the ballpark with it's lovely transformation. Great Job!