Sep 20, 2009

A Season For Everything

Yes, ladies, even I - despiser of all things Fall and Winter, have succumbed to the call of a new season of pictures. I admit once again, that I need to seriously adjust my attitude and be genuinely grateful for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! I have been working myself up lately in to a state of unhappiness over the end of summer. But seriously...do you know anyone who needs to be living on the beach more than me??? Uh oh...I fell off the gratitude wagon already! When reading today I came upon a couple of verses that were just the reminder I needed.

“Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.” Joel 2:23

Yes! God is merciful when life doesn't feel perfect!

And...

"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Ahhh...His timing is perfect!

I can't promise I won't whine some more about the end of another summer, how much I adore the beach and seashells and flowers, etc...and how unhappy I am about the nearness of winter, and on and on and on! But I've decided to try to be more grateful and recognize the beauty of everything God provides. I'll acknowledge at least one thing every single day that I can enjoy and be grateful for just BECAUSE it's Autumn!

#1 I made this little front door wreath last year and I actually do remember what fun it was. I love the little scarecrow and I actually do love the leaves!

5 comments:

pam said...

You are a beach babe...glad you're finding some joy in the colors of the season. Although from our family that lives up that way I can understand why you would not only be sad at summer's depart but GLORY the potential of the winter to come...I get it. Maybe you need to decorate one room in your house in a beach theme and make that your happy place to have quiet time...start each fall and wintery day on the beach. :o)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

there, that wasn't so bad was it???
Everything looks pretty!!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You certainly are celebrating the fall season. Your decorations are so pretty.

storyteller said...

Wow ... methinks you're definitely ready for fall with all these beautiful things. I'm a simple beach gal myself ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Bernideen said...

Love the fall decoram.............