Jan 5, 2010

A Must Visit Blog & Artist - Tiffany Miller

I recently added two new buttons to my blog - you'll find them both in my upper left sidebar.  Wait until you have a little bit of time to devote to the eye popping eye candy you'll find, then jump right over to Tiffany Miller MosaicsPrepare to drool.  Tiffany Miller is an incredible talent in Burbank California.  I've always loved mosaic work, but until I met Tiffany I'd never really seen mosaic art!  She's been featured on HGTV and DIY and she's a master at her craft.



How do I know Tiffany Miller?  She happens to be my nephew Tracy's fiance.  Tracy has always been special to me as an auntie, but I would love Tiffany if I'd never met Tracy.  My darling nephew Tracy is a rising Hollywood film artist in directing, writing, and cinematography.  His name rolls in the credits of movies like King of California, About Schmidt, and Sideways.  Can you tell I'm proud?  And he has great taste in fiances!  In spite of the fact that she's worked with and created art for many Hollywood celebs, Tiffany's a down-to-earth, all-American girl next door, kind of girl.  Just a few of the beautiful and famous Tiffany has designed for are Ryan Seacrest, Sharon Osborn, and Leeza Gibbons. 

I happen to be the proud owner of two of Tiffany's pieces - woo hoo!  Every December 26th my entire family travels from all over the country to have our family Christmas together at my parents mountain home.  Last Christmas Tiffany gave my husband and I an original mosaic frame.  This Christmas we received one of her posters - Seascape.  Wow!  We love it!  One of these days I'm going to hop on a plane and visit Tracy and Tiff in Burbank to see the original!  Sandy and I spent about half an hour on December 26th after we got back to our hotel just looking at Seascape.


The detail is incredible - remember, this isn't paint - it's tiny pieces of marble, tile, and glass. Tiffany and Tracy know how much Sandy and I love the ocean.  Love this gift! Can't wait to get it framed and on the wall.

Each member of the family received one of Tiffany's posters from an original piece.  I love, love, love them all.  Tiffany's online shop is filled with many, many, many gorgeous works of art for sale - some for a little money and some for a whole lot of money!  Whether you want to purchase anything or not you will enjoy browsing the shop.  Tiffany's blog will take you on a cyber trip through some of her shows and current projects.  Don't miss the gallery!  Check out the amazing architectural pieces - especially the massive church baptismal - incredible!

Well I've bragged enough about these two talented members of my family, so I will leave you with a cute New Year's greeting I received from a friend last week.  It reiterates my sentiments exactly for all of you!

My Wish for You in 2010...
May peace break into your home and may thieves steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become magnets for $100 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May happiness slap you across the face and may all your tears be those of joy.
May the problems you had in 2009 forget your home address in 2010!
In simple words ............
May 2010 be the best year of your life!!!

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I bet that is gorgeous in person...and I am grabbing your New Years wish....I NEED it!

Anne Lorys said...

What a wonderful New Year's wish! I wish the same for you, too. :-)

Wow, Tiffany really is one incredibly talented gal. I have always wanted to learn to do mosaics, they just fascinate me. Lucky you to own some of her work!

Have a great week,
Anne

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Love the New Year's wish! :)

Your future neice is one talented lady! You have every right to be proud of the both of them! Her work is amazing!!!

~hugs, Rhonda