Jun 18, 2009

It's Wedding Week!

Hello dear blogging friends!

It seems like ages since I posted. I have been buried in mounds of tulle and ribbon for weeks, helping to prepare for our sons wedding, which is Saturday. Jacob and Jenni have been engaged for 2 1/2 years, which seemed like such a long time, but now that it's here I can't believe it. Jacob is my baby so the occasion of his marriage brings mixed feelings of sadness and joy. He is marrying a girl I couldn't love more if I picked her out myself for my son. Their personalities complement each other perfectly. She is beautiful, quiet, and shy, yet determined, organized, and she knows what she wants in life. He is hard working, outgoing and funny - the party begins when he arrives! They are both work horses and willing to sacrifice for what they want. They're a perfect match. My husband and I love them both more than I can say and we are so happy that they will finally begin their lives together this Saturday.

Our responsibilities for the wedding are the rehearsal dinner and the church. The programs are printed and folded, the pew and candelabra bows are made, the arbor ready to decorate, a dozen 6 foot trees are potted, painted white, strung with lights and the bases wrapped in ivory tulle. White satin wreaths wait to be hung in the sanctuary windows, and 100 feet of ivory tulle garland containing strings of white lights are ready to hang along the molding surrounding the platform where they kids will stand to be married.

As you can see, everything is ready to go for wedding day. But as much as I love, love, love my future daughter-in-law, my heart isn't quite ready to let my baby boy go! He's already a grown man - has been for a long time. He's 27, lives in his own home, and is a partner in his own growing business. My boy is a moose of a man, tall and broad! But when I look at him, especially this week, I see my long waited for precious baby boy with big brown eyes and sweet baby curls, and a smile to die for. When he took me to show me the tuxedo he had chosen for his wedding I could just picture him in his toddler short pants and bow tie!

I have a busy, busy week ahead. My parents arrived today, my brother arrives tomorrow, and my sister on Friday. I will be decorating the church tomorrow and then we will be hosting a pizza party in the evening. I will begin Friday morning by filling trays with pastries and tarts I will make for the rehearsal dinner and getting them to the restaurant in time to get to the church for rehearsal by 4:30. Then we will celebrate with 60+ people at a wonderful Italian restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. Saturday, WEDDING DAY, will be a joyous marathon day with an afternoon ceremony and a dinner reception with dancing and 200 friends and loved ones. The kids will be off on their honeymoon to Italy and Greece while we celebrate Father's Day with a big family cook out at our house. Our out of town family will be with us most of next week. When they all head home, my husband and I will have two days to pack for a trip to the beach, which I think we'll happily enjoy after the month we've had!

I won't have much computer time for the next few weeks so it looks like I will be taking a blogging break until mid July. I hope each one of you will be enjoying each precious day of summer. I can hardly wait to post pictures of the wedding when I return! Who knows, I probably won't be able to wait that long - maybe I'll find the time to squeeze in a post next week!

Happy summer, friends!!!

10 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love you guys.....congrats to the bride and groom!!

Heather said...

very exciting! enjoy all the festivities. and enjoy your blogging break and your trip to the beach. i can't wait to hear all about everything when you return!

pam said...

Praying His strength to you for the next few days...both physical and for your momma's heart....I'm sure all will have such fun...can't wait to see pictures.

~CC Catherine said...

Dearest Kathy, My long lost blogging bud...I've been on hiatus due to some family situations. I am back...intermittently and was so elated to see this update! What a week you have ahead of you! I'm saying a BIG PRAYER that it all goes well...and lovely! Also praying for lots of energy for you...you are really doing much! May HE give you the strength you need to pull all your parts off and still give you the level of peace and JOY during this momentous occasion. Much love to all! ~CC Catherine

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your Son and his soon to be Wife. Everything sounds so wonderful.

Willow

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

What a happy (and bittersweet time!) for you as a mom. You've had a lot packed into your summer, and I hope you enjoy the wedding, your family visiting, and your little getaway!
We'll be waiting to see all your photos!
XOXO
Joni

Bonnie said...

Bet wishes, Kathy, he'll always be your baby boy and you will always be the first love he ever knew!

Kathy said...

Many,many happy blessings to your son and his bride. The wedding sounds divine. Enjoy every moment, as I know you will. The beach sounds like a welcome place to recuperate follow the festivities. ~Kathy

Justabeachkat said...

I've had you on my mind. I know your hands have been full, even though they're full with wonderful events. I hope the wedding was beautiful. I can't wait to hear all about it and see photos too, I hope. I hope your Father's Day party goes well too.

Take some deep breaths and get us rest.

Hugs!
Kat

Technonana said...

Oh My Friend, I so understand your mixed feelings!! But you and I know that this is the way it is suppose to be... and then there are the grandbabies!!!
Congradulations to the Bride and Groom!!