Dec 12, 2008

More Holiday Party Recipes


Mini Party Quiches
Crust:
1 stick butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup flour
Mix all together well and press into bottom and sides of mini muffin tins.

Custard Filling:
4 eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1 ½ cup cups half & half
¼ teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons melted butter
2 tablespoons diced onions
½ pound bacon, fried crisp & broken (if desired)
1-2 cups Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Break eggs in bowl with wire whisk. Stir in next 6 ingredients. Layer each prepared, unbaked, pastry shell with bacon first, then cheese, then onion. Spoon custard filling over these ingredients in each shell until 2/3 full. Bake at 375 degree oven until slightly puffed and custard is set, about 35 minutes.
Note: This recipe can also be made in a pie plate or quiche pan. When having a party, the basic custard recipe can be used to make a variety of mini quiche appetizers using your choice of vegetables and meats; vegetarians could even try Crumbles.

Chocolate Coffee
1 quart half and half
1 quart milk
1 entire small bottle Hershey’s Syrup
10 cups strong, hot coffee

Heat the half and half, milk, and chocolate syrup in a saucepan over low heat until it comes to a simmer. Pour into heat proof punch bowl or other large heat proof serving vessel. Add coffee. Mix all thoroughly. Serve garnishes on the side, such as whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Makes 16 - 20 servings.



Green Holiday Punch
2 packages lime Kool-Aid
1 ½ cups sugar
2 quarts water
1, 12 ounce frozen orange juice concentrate
2 juice cans water
1 large can pineapple juice
1, 2 liter bottle Verner's or 7 Up
lime sherbet

Mix all of the ingredients together well in a punch bowl, reserving sherbet and soda. When ready to serve, scoop sherbet in punch and add cold soda.
Makes 5 ½ quarts (22 cups).



Frozen Banana Crush Punch
Dissolve 4 cups sugar in 6 cups boiling water.
Add:
46 ounces pineapple juice
2, 12 ounce cans frozen orange juice concentrate
1, 12 ounce frozen lemonade concentrate

Blend 5 ripe, mashed bananas and juice of 2 fresh lemons in blender until smooth. Add to above concoction. Freeze in small amounts. Allow the frozen punch to thaw approximately 4 hours before serving time. Place still slushy punch in punch bowl when you are ready to serve the punch and add equal amounts of lemon lime soda.


Charlotte, Charlotte's Weblog, sent me this great award. I do enjoy receiving all awards and consider them all an honor, but this one is especially meaningful to me. Charlotte described the "Lemonade Award" as one received by someone who knows how to make lemonade out of lemons and who shows gratitude. That means a lot to me because it is my heartfelt desire NOT to be a whiner, but to move on and live life as the blessing it is even when it's difficult. Thanks Charlotte! You made my day!!

I would like to pass this award on to Sweetie, Sweetie's World and to CeeKay, Thinkin' of Home. Both Sweetie and CeeKay know how to make Lemonade out of lemons!


Charlotte also sent me this Friends Award. Isn't it pretty? Thanks Charlotte - you're so nice!

I am sending this award along to Kathy, Shocking Pink Thread. Kathy is just the nicest lady and she has a beautiful blog.

My friend Sweetie, Sweetie's World, passed along the Butterfly Award to me. Thank you, Sweetie! Stop by to visit Sweetie soon. She has a big beautiful family and a wonderful blog and she really is a sweetie!


The rules of this award are:

1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate 10 other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

I am passing the award on to CeeKay, Thinkin' of Home; Shelia, Note Songs; Heather, Family Forever; Jan, Jan & Tom's Place; Heidi, Foxgloves, Fabric, & Folly; Ro, A Hint of Home; Mary, Seashore Days; Suzie, Suzie Button Creations; Katy Lin, The Great Adventure; Maryjane, Beehive Cottage; Ellen, The Happy Wonderer. Now, I know this is a very busy time of year and if you ladies would like to wait until another time to post this award, please feel free to do so.

I hope you will eventually make your way to visit these ladies beautiful and creative blogs!

If all of the ladies mentioned above, including Charlotte, would accept, I would love to give you Mimi's Friendship Blog Award as well. No strings attached - just post it on your blog with a link to Mimi's Garden - just because I think you are all nice women with great blogs!

11 comments:

pam said...

It's early and I WANT THAT CHOCOLATE COFFEE NOW! :) Hope you have a grand day with Him.

Anonymous said...

Wow Kathy. That is so sweet. Thank you so much. What a lovely award. It is nice to get such a personal award. Have a great day.
Christmas hugs,
Charlotte

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks so much for the beautiful awards. I may have to post them after the holiday. I will be gone for a while visiting my mom in FL.
I do appreciate you thinking of me. You're always so thoughtful. I've been praying for your Dad. Any updates?
Thanks, too for all the recipes you post.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Gone said...

Love the Recipes!!!

I'm honored to have been awarded the Butterfly award and yes, I will accept your friendship award too. Thank you!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Congrats on the awards & thanks for the recipes! The Frozen Banana Crush Punch sounds interesting!

Sweetie said...

Kathy, I have never made quishes but I am going to try this recipe soon. Thank you for the awards. I will be posting them soon.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks Kat....Great awards. Congrats on you receiving them!!

Justabeachkat said...

Great recipes1 Now I'm REALLY hungry. LOL

I sure loved seeing all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so pretty.

BTW...I posted how we made the cinammon stick Santas. Come by when you can.

Hugs!
Kat

Suzie Button said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks so much for the wonderful award! I'll try to reciprocate this weekend and I'll accept your Friendship award also! You're sweet!
Thanks for the recipes. We do an hor'dourve "dinner" on Christmas Eve and these will be perfect! Suzie

Alexandra MacVean said...

Congrats to all of the award winners...I really like your new holiday layout. :)

Kathy said...

Hi Kathy, thank you for the sweet award though I think you deserve it much more than I do. I will most certainly post about it this week! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'll be praying that you have a better week this week and next as Christmas grows closer. ~Kathy