Dec 27, 2009

It's A New Year Challenge!



Recently I came across a website promoting a challenge to read the Bible in 90 days.  I've never read the Bible throughout but I've always wanted to.  I've started before, but I let life get in the way of sticking with it.  My dad has been such an inspiration to me.  He's very ill and is totally blind in one eye, yet he read the Bible in it's entirety last year at 82.  Not just once, but almost twice.  He kind of put me to shame!  So I've decided to take the 90 day challenge beginning January 1.  The official dates for the challenge are January 1 - March 31.  If any of you are interested, there is a down-loadable schedule available here.  It's suggested that you will need to commit 45-75 minutes daily to complete the challenge.  It's definitely a commitment...but then I'm pretty sure I waste an hour a day doing something, so I think I can put that wasted hour to good use for 90 days!  I'm going for it!  I would love to know if any of you decide to join me. 




Find lots of inspirational posts to enjoy at Spiritual Sundays.

I hope you all had a FABULOUS Christmas and are enjoying a little much needed down time. Wishing you all a safe and joyous New Year!

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh, I would love to try, but Kathy girl....those Leviticuses....they are HARD to read! I will look it up though...sounds like a good idea!

Mitzi said...

That is my plan too. I want to read the Bible on a daily basis and get completely through it. Good luck to us.

Blondie's Journal said...

I am rooting for you, Kathy! I think it is as great idea and your father is a wonderful inspiration!

xoxo
Jane