Nov 7, 2008

Thankful Day 7: Oh, But Isn't Friendship A Thing of Beauty!

Joyce, of Brookside Cottage is hosting 30 Days of Giving Thanks.

"A friend loves at all times..." Proverbs 17:17
I have had lots of casual friends in my life and many acquaintances. But I've had a few true blue, loyal, life long friends. I'm so thankful for Anne, my long distance South African friend and spiritual sister; Linda, my oldest friend with whom I have shared life's greatest joys and agonies; Carolyn, my fun friend who is interested in everything I do and always ready to pray with or for me; and my precious sister-in-law and dearest friend in the world, Jeri.


"Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows." ~ author unknown


I am especially thankful for the wonderful weeks shared with my dear, dear friend CeeKay when she visited me for most of October. We had lots of wonderful girlfriend time together. A special memory I am thankful for is our trip to Mackinac Island. We had a fabulous time shopping and eating and taking in the beautiful sights there. I love you, CeeKay and I am so thankful for our long friendship and all the goofy times we've shared, as pictured below, goofier than usual!!

6 comments:

ceekay said...

Ok...I really still love you...even IF you did post THAT picture! Hilarious!

Cori G. said...

Hi Kathy,
Friendships are one of the most challenging things in life, but when you find one or a few it's the best thing in life. It sounds like you're blessed to have many.
Have a great week and thank you for your prayers.
Xo Cori G.

justabeachkat said...

What a sweet post! Friendship is truly a thing of beauty!!

Hugs!
Kat

(Come visit me...I have a double dog dare for you)

Sweetie said...

There are few things better than a good friend. And - that is a great picture.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Technonana said...

Hey Kathy... sounds like you and I were on the same page today...come over and collect your award!!

Technonana said...

Hey Kathy... I left you an award over on my blog... hop on over and pick it up!!