Apr 19, 2008

Happy Saturday!

30 Days 30 Photos - Day 19



Ya and hoo! I think Spring is finally here! And I took these pictures in my garden yesterday morning to prove it! Happy Spring everyone!!





There is a fairly new meme named "Then Sings My Soul Saturday" which started just a few weeks ago over at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders (http://signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com/). Every Saturday people are invited to post the lyrics or the music itself to songs they feel is uplifting and inspirational. I think it's a great idea because music is so influential and meaningful to memories, circumstance, worship, and joy. I decided to include the lyrics to a song I listen to almost every single night to go to sleep. As you can see by the post time I am NOT a good sleeper! However, when nothing else works, music does often help me fall asleep. One of my favorite artists is David Phelps and my favorite of his songs is from his album "Revelation". The song is "God Will Take Care of You". I wish I could have added the music itself but apparently I am not technologically efficient because I can't figure it out! I give up for now, but you can still read the words.

OK...I did find this link to a Google music site page with the song on it if you are interested in going there! I'm gonna figure this blogging, posting, linking thing out if it kills me

http://www.google.com/musicsearch?id=f2h2j_givdB


Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Happy Spring!

"God Will Take Care of You"

You don't say a word, but I know you're so afraid

Trying hard to take a step of faith.

You're so confused and you're so alone

Standing face to face with the unknown.

Every need you have God already knows about it

Still, He longs to hear from you.

I believe if you put your trust in Him

That is where the road of faith begins.

'Cause if His eye is on the sparrow,

When it comes to me and you,

There is no place He won't go,

And nothing He won't do.

Like a mother cradles a child,

His grace covers us somehow.

So whatever you go through,

God will take care of you.

Change is never easy,

It's just a part of living.

There's so much more that we can see.

A higher place so far above it all,

Is ours when we're faithful to His call.

We don't know,

We don't have to understand,

The how's, the why's, the when's.

Give it all to Him.

10 comments:

Susannah said...

Lovely lyrics... but I do hear music too. (Maybe it's embedded?) I like it!

Have a blessed weekend, Mimi.

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing that song. David Phelps is my all time favorite singer and most weeks I post one of his songs. He just ushers me into worship. I can never figure out how to post the video either...I just put the link. I am not as savvy as some of these blogging babes! ha ha. - God Bless, Laurie

Melanie said...

Such a beautiful song.. I love the message here for each one of us.

Charlotte said...

This is such a good idea. There is nothing as inspirational as music in my opinion. I know another song with the same title that we sang at church for many years. I had never seen these lyrics. I thought your Show & Tell was so neat. Your husband sounds a lot like mine.
Have a great weekend.

Lisa said...

Oh WOW! Thanks for sharing that! And thanks for sharing the meme, too. I think I will try that! Sounds fun. I love music and lyrics...I post them on my blog every once and while.
O.K....now I'm off to look at your Show & Tell Friday - (I'm a little behind this morning!) :o)

ocean mommy said...

Thank you Kathy! So many songs this week are comforting my soul! I love how God is using the body of Christ through the internet to encourage me! He just blows my mind sometimes.....

Blessings,
stephanie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your flowers are beautiful Kat. I don't know what they all are, but I like the blue-purple. Are they a violet?

Joyfull said...

Beautiful song and lyrics! Love the signs of spring in your yard.

Susan said...

Oh, I really like David Phelps too!

Wish I could help you post, some one helps me. Kinda tricky.

Loved those awesome pictures! If you don't mind, how did you do that?

Have a blessed day♥

Needled Mom said...

Lovely music and lyrics. Yeah for spring too.