Apr 11, 2008

My beautiful grandmother


30 Days 30 Photos - Day 11


This beautiful lady was my maternal grandmother. I have lovely memories of her, always in a dress, heels, and apron! I remember the exquisite furniture she chose for her home - roses on chintz, dark mahogany, and brass. I loved playing in the bedrooms, each graced by fabulous dark cherry four poster beds and dressing tables with elegant mirrors and little fabric covered benches on which to sit while applying make up and doing nails - which she was never without. Though my grandfather was loud and funny and rough, she was delicate, soft spoken, and possessed impeccable manners. Each Sunday following church we ate dinner in her beautiful dining room, the table graced with lovely linens, Fostoria stemware, and the most gorgeous china I've ever seen. It lives in my mothers dining room now. Oh, it IS nice to get lost in one's childhood memories from time to time!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

What a beautiful lady. How nice to have such cherished memories.