Apr 17, 2008

Gems - Literal and Figurative!

This has been a really good week and there are a number of things I am truly thankful for and I'd like to share them with you on this Thankful Thursday...

For one, I am feeling especially well and have worked like an animal this week! I love that great feeling of accomplishment that comes from work well done. Thank you, Lord, for providing me with so much energy.

Secondly, my four year old granddaughter has begun calling me every evening to report on her day. It is usually a pretty hilarious and often times, informative conversation (which I am sure is not always terribly wonderful to my daughter and son-in-law)! What an absolutely delightful way to end the day!! Thanks Sydney Bell, for making my day, each and every day!

Lastly, I am enormously thankful for the presence of my future daughter-in-law in our family. She is a precious, adorable young lady who makes my son a very happy man! The two of them are currently working on a house together to move into after they are married in a year. Kudos to my sweet son for finding a gem for his bride-to-be! Ahh...my work is almost done!


30 Days 30 Photos - Day 17

I recently found these pieces of vintage jewelry while going through some storage boxes. I believe they once belonged to my mother-in-law. I also have some pieces that belonged to my mother. One of these days I'll get around to photographing more pieces to post. I think my mother-in-law must have been quite the styling lady in her day. You should see some of the fabulous 40's heels she wore!




9 comments:

Denise said...

Such a wonderful thankful post, be blessed.

Anonymous said...

Pretty jewelry. So good to have a good DIL.
Gina's Public Diary

Technonana said...

Love the comment on my daughter's blog, "life changes, but God NEVER DOES". She has been through much in her young life, but that story is not mine to share. Thanks for caring enough to comment!!

Susanne said...

What precious gems you've been blessed with! (The jewelry is beautiful, too!) ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for sharing your thankful heart. Have wonderful day!

Nise' said...

I need some of your energy, I keep trying to ignore my kitchen cupboard which need a cleaning very badly! Enjoy the warm sunshine today!

Unknown said...

What a great post! Gems in many different places!

Have a blessed day!

Mary said...

Great post. I love that you get a report from your granddaughter every day! How cute! Blessings on your day.

Pam said...

A precious family is indeed a blessing, and I love your vintage jewelry! Pam

Aunt Angie said...

AWESOME! What a great find! What a blessed thankful day!