Apr 18, 2008

A Sweet Surprise From My Man




Tonight was just a lovely evening that I would like to share with you. First of all, the weather today was just glorious and the evening was the first really summery feeling night we've had here in Michigan. My husband and I went out this evening to meet my sister for dinner. She is visiting from Tennessee and she wanted to do some shopping. So we went to dinner, then shopped for a few hours at various places. My husband is always patient when I am shopping and manages to occupy himself for as long as I need - without complaining - a great trait in a man! He drops me off and picks me up at the door...yes, I have it made and I know it and he's all mine! Anyhoo...I bought a few things for my little sis but I didn't really find anything I needed so I didn't get anything for myself this time. When we were ready to say goodbye to my sister my sweet man brought out a boxed gift for me. He had chosen and purchased this precious little cup and saucer set for me as a surprise. Don't you think the very best presents a man gives you are the one's he picks out all by himself with no hints or helping comments? Even when you don't actually love the gift, you just have to love it when they come home with a surprise - you know, it's the thought that really counts and then the gift really IS the sweet thought and effort he put into choosing a gift for you. Of course, I really DO love this little set very much. My man was so cute and proud of himself and his find. It just made my whole week!









30 Days 30 Photos - Day 18

22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Kat...so pretty. I love the romantic pictures on the cups. Isn't that precious that he found it for you! He is a keeper, but for many other reasons too. We are blessed!

Anita said...

Oh, what a precious gift indeed! And how wonderful that you had such a wonderday today! Over there, it's still too cold for the season and I did not (yet) have a real summer feeling!

Happy gardening to you and have a great week-end!

Anita

Unknown said...

Very graceful! I do think these gifts from our guys, given for no reason at all, which they pick on their own without hints are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST KINDS!! Enjoy!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Kathy,

You have a treasure in your husband! So very sweet of him. The tea cups and saucers are lovely.

Blessings,
Gina

Gattina said...

That's indeed a very lovely gift !!

Carrie said...

Definetly a wonderful surprise. The set is very lovely.

Connie Marie said...

Such a nice set, and romantic too. Your husband did well!

Char said...

What a sweet gift, it is lovely. I know exactly what you mean about your man. You're lucky. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

wow.....so, so pretty!!!

My show n tell is shared....come on over.

Constance said...

It's those little things, like a surprise or something out of the ordinary that are SO wonderful! my Hub isn't an "I love you, I love you, I love you" kind of guy who gives me flowers regularly. It means more to me when it's unexpected and I realize once again, what a wonderful guy he is!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Connie

The Apron Queen said...

I wish my hubby had the trait of being patient while shopping! Then again, I'd probably bting home 2X as much stuff! I always love visiting you.

My show & tell is up... vintage bling bling! Do stop by. I love the company.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

on the ROCKS said...

What a thoughtful husband and he did such a good job picking this gift. He sounds like quite the gentleman. You are very blessed.

A Hint of Home said...

Very, very pretty and so special. You are a blessed woman. I bet you can't wait to use it.

Kathi said...

What a lovely tea-set. You are so right. The best gifts are hand picked by our husband's. Thank you so much for visiting me, Mimi, and for you kind comments to me.

I'll come back to visit you.

Kathi

Barbara H. said...

How sweet!! The teacups are lovely, but how wonderful the thoughtfulness behind them.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a beautiful tea set, and how special he surprised you with it! He's a keeper!

Katherine

JEWELGIRL said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful
gift and no hints!
You have a great
guy! Make sure you tell him all
your bloggy pals say so! :)

Farrah said...

Awwww! Sweet story!! :-) I have a good man, too, so I wasn't coveting yours. LOL! :-)

Linda said...

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for stopping by my site. Your site is wonderful, peaceful. I too am from Michigan originally and my paternal grandmother was Mimi too (not pronounced like MEME..) she was French Canadian. I will stop by often.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

That was so thoughtful of your husband to give you a gift! I'm sure it made your week! And for no reason at all makes it all more special. Thanks for sharing!

Rue said...

That gift is so sweet! Not just because it's beautiful, but also because it was given to you by the one that holds your heart :)

Wonderful show and tell!
rue :)

Becki said...

These are so pretty. And so sweet of your husband.