May 8, 2008

Babies, Friendship, and Simple Joy!





CeeKay, at "Thinkin of Home", and I have known each for about 28 years. We met, together with our husbands, when we were both preparing to adopt baby boys. During the years since we first met as hopeful young women, both of us dreaming of sweet bundles to rock, CeeKay and I have developed a dear friendship based on common faith, long marriages, and love of children. We both adore our own and we both care about and pray for each others. We have both become grandmothers within the last several years. It was a shared joy between friends, between women. Women seem to have a natural ability to feel each others joy and pain. Mother's Day has become a time for CeeKay and I to celebrate for each other - this one just gone by was no exception. It's a day for all women to celebrate the bonds of love whether one is a mother or not. CeeKay and I both had a very difficult time becoming mothers so we celebrate in each others joy even more. During the 28 year friendship CeeKay and I have shared, we have comforted each other during dreadful days - my dear friend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 18 months ago and there have been many tearful, desperate phone calls since. But we have also shouted with joy for each other during times of happiness - just as when CeeKay went into remission after a year of debilitating chemo. We have giggled about the just plain silly and we have expressed anger and frustration about things we cannot change. That is what friendship is all about. It's what being a woman is about. I received this short but precious e-mail note from CeeKay Mother's Day week. With her permission, I'd like to share it with you! I sincerely hope all of you were able to share the joys of Mother's Day with other women whether or not any of you are mothers. It's a day to celebrate womanhood and God's greatest gift - innocent new life! It's life's simplest joy!


Kathy,
Just a note to wish you the best mother’s day. I remember so often our many talks while waiting for our little boys. Now our little boys have grown into young men, and our friendship has grown also. I thank the Lord daily for you and your loyal friendship. I love you girlfriend!


Because she has been such a blessing in my life and I am so thankful for her friendship, I am sending this Blessings Award to my dear friend CeeKay! A lesson CeeKay and I have learned throughout years of growing older and both of us experiencing life altering illnesses is to find joy in every moment, forget the things that really are unimportant in the scheme of things, don't waste a minute to anger, and share love with as many people as you can in life. Never forget that life is short, on this earth anyway. Use your God given gifts and make the most of life!

8 comments:

Betty said...

Kathy,
Thank you for coming by to visit and taking the time to leave a comment....I always enjoy visiting with you.....

Happy Mother's Day to you.....isn't it a blessing to be a mother? God is so good.....Betty

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful story of friendship. You have both been so blessed. Happy Mother's Day.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, what a special friendship you have and so blessed for so many wonderful years. I loved your post and the shared email from CeeKay. Best wishes to you for a special Mother's Day.
Celestina, la rea rose

Technonana said...

Loved the post!!! It's wonderful to have sister's of the heart... am blessed to have 2 of my own...
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

Just noticed you left a comment on my "This New House" blog and wanted to check your your place ... we have so much in common ... hope to be back again.

Kathy said...

Dear Kathy, there is nothing like having an old friend who has weathered the test of time with you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful tribute. I hope you had a blessed Mother's Day. ~Kathy

LBP said...

Old friends are so wonderful! My best friend and I met in our sophmore year of high school and have remained friends for the last 32 years! We even had our boys within two week of each other!

Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day.

Blessings
Linda

Susie said...

So beautiful! Your friendship sounds and looks like a real treasure!