May 23, 2008

Off The Wall


I decided to show some things for this Friday's Show & Tell from my walls, most of which I attained traveling.


I fell in love with this when I saw it in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. My children rode all the way from Tennessee to Michigan with it held between them. They often remind me of that!


I purchased the print in Washington D.C. and brought it home to have it framed in an antique frame I restored.


Same here, I restored the frame and bought the print in D. C.



I bought both of these vintage plates in Lewiston Michigan where we own some property.

I painted this watercolor of a hummingbird and Foxglove. I just saw it when I was taking pictures and thought I would show it to you too!


I bought this at a flea market near where I grew up in Royal Oak Michigan. It is only open on Saturday mornings and is always busy and fresh with interesting items.


I love this piece and I wish the picture had turned out better. It is actually three separate copies of works by Ellen H. Clapsaddle. Both the frame and prints ate vintage and I purchase it just as you see it in Milford Michigan's Fall Festival.


My dad made this pretty little towel bar and I painted it. I've always told him we'd make a good business partnership!


I got this antique brass plate in Tennessee. It belonged to my grandmother.




This print came from Las Angeles California. My nephew's fiance is a well known mosaic artist, Tiffany Miller. This is a print of one of her mosaics. Tiffany many originals to the beautiful and famous of Hollywood!


That's about all I have time for tonight...I need to save time to look at all of your treasures! Happy weekend everyone!

17 comments:

Becki said...

You have some great artwork. Out of curiosity, I scrolled down and checked out last week's show and tell and I have to tell you....I LOVE the room and the painting you did for a top-of-the-room border.

What a talented lady!

Susan said...

Lots of lovely art.
Susan

Muum said...

I would agree, nice prints and artwork. I esp love the hummingbird and foxglove.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful art and antiques! I'll be back often...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, love your show and tell treasures. I know where Royal Oak is, I was born and raised in Dearborn. Small world.
Have a Happy Memorial Day!
Celestina,
la rea rose

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind comment!

I love the brass plate the best -- although everything else you have posted is very interesting too! Can't wait to see what you will be showing next week! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind comment!

I love the brass plate the best -- although everything else you have posted is very interesting too! Can't wait to see what you will be showing next week! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Carrie said...

Great show and tell post. You have a nice variety of lovely items from your trips.

Carrie said...

Great show and tell post. You have a nice variety of lovely items from your trips.

A Hint of Home said...

I hope you're feeling better. You have some great art work and other pretty pieces.
Have a great Memorial Day.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your artwork is just beautiful! I love the little girl picture in the second pic. :)

Your nephew's fiance has great talent. What great work!!

Betty said...

I enjoyed seeing some of the pictures you have on your wall. I especially liked the one with the hummingbird in it. All very pretty.

Thanks for visiting me today.

Anita said...

Dear Kathy,

first of all, thank you so much for your nice words about my garden and all the alliums that are blooming these days. Well, you really should consider planting some bulbs this autumn, too! Clues on how to grow them? Well, plant them between your flowerbeds, between other perennials!

You have wonderful treasures on your walls! I especially adore that watercolor of a hummingbird and Foxglove!

Have a great new week!

Best wishes from Germany, Anita

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Mimi!!! Wow, what an impressive show n tell. I especially love the watercolor of the hummingbird!! Whoa...is that ever gorgeous.

Thanks for the visit. It was a pleasure to have you drop by.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Kathy! All of your pictures are beautiful! My favorite was the one of the little girl! You and your dad do make a great team, the towel bar was really nice! And you did an outstanding job on the Hummingbird watercolor! I was impressed! ;)

Hope you are having a great holiday...long weekend!
Hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

i have that same picture of the girl in the blue dress!!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Your artwork is lovely. Some of them look familiar. I just love those soft tones of color.

Blessings,

Gina