May 19, 2008

Tea Pots!


Compared to many of you I have a fairly pitiful collection of tea pots! I don't have very many, but I do love what I have and they all have a sentimental value to me. This is the last week for the Gracious Hospitality tea blog-a-thon and I didn't want to miss it. It has been such an enjoyable experience. Thank you, La Tea Dah, for investing so much time in this fun project!


This pot is so sweet. It's about 10 inches high and it's covered with pink roses and green leaves. The band at the top and the top of the lid is a soft minty green. My husband bought this pot for me at a flea market - no special occasion, just because I liked it! I keep the pot on a corner shelf to the side of my kitchen window.


My sister-in-law gave me this clear glass pot with the infuser for Christmas along with a large collection of "blooming" tea pods. I love the pot even more because it was a thoughtful gift from my very dear friend.


This is a one cup size tea pot, sitting on it's own little matching tea cup. My daughter gave it to me for Mother's Day one year. Love it!


My daughter brought this pot home from a trip she took to England and Wales when she was about 17. It is Royal Albert Moss Rose. It is just lovely - I suppose I should give it back to her now that she is a grown woman with a home of her own!


This pot is a Continental Kilns pot, Green Arbor pattern. My parents gave it to me for my 30th birthday, along with a matching cream and sugar. I wrote the story about how they purchased it for me in another post, "A Blessed Woman". I cherish this set.

This white pot with purple violets is also a pot I posted about in the "A Blessed Woman" post. My mom gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It is special to me because she chose it for me, but also because of the significance of violets to me. In an earlier post "Daddy's Violets", I wrote about my love of violets and the memory of my dad digging them up for me when I moved away for the first time as a new bride.

18 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Beautiful! My favorite is the Royal Albert Moss Rose. I'd have a pretty hard time giving that back. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week - I love your teapots! My husband is actually the bigger tea drinker here that I am so our pot is a little more utilitarian. Those are beautiful though!

http://www.punkin-press.com/blog

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Yummy as usual! Planning on enjoying tea out of one of those soon!

Millie said...

You have a very nice varied collection of teapots.
Millie

ellen b. said...

Oh my I would hardly call this a pitiful collection of teapots. They are all uniquely beautiful and how sweet that your daughter was drawn to the same Royal Albert pattern I was when I was in England in the '70's I bought myself the Moss Rose tea set when I was there and before I was married. The continental kilns pot that your parents gave you is fabulous. Enjoy your wonderful teapot collection...

Sandy said...

What a lovely and sentimental collection. Thank you for sharing them. You have a very lovely blog.

La Tea Dah said...

You have a lovely collection of teapots --- and they each have a very special and meaningful place in your heart. How special that so many were given to you by your dear mother and daughter. I especially love the violets one -- and how sweet of your father to dig some up for you when you first left home as a new bride. I have some special violets in my garden --- one has freckled blossoms and another pure white. I transplanted them from my mother's garden after she passed away. And I have some pretty deep purple ones that my mother-by-marriage gave to me (she has since passed away as well). I always think of them, especially when the violets bloom.

Thanks for sharing about your teapots!

LaTeaDah

Marye said...

theya re all beautiful! after reading all these tea pot posts I may have to head over to eBay!
marye
kettleandcup.com

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice tea pot collection. I love how they all have a personal story that goes with them. They are all very pretty.

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Kathy, lovely teapots..my very favorite one is the glass teapot. I use large glass mugs for tea and coffee, which would be very suiting with a glass teapot!

oxox
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Your collection is beautiful! I love all the teapots!

Shop girl said...

You could have a very large tea party....each table with it's very on tea pot. They are all beautiful.
I love Red tea....it became my favorite this year.
I hope you will stop by often....
I will be back..Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your teapots - they are all interesting. That Moss Rose -- awww -- very daintily beautiful! :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Kathy, I think this is a great collection of tea pots! My favorite, is the first one, but all are so pretty! I'm so far behind, I just posted Saturday's happenings on Tuesday! LOL!Hopefully I will post my tea pots tomorrow! ~Rhonda :)

Carrie said...

You have wonderful collection and with sweet memories about acquiring them.

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

What beautiful teapots! You have a great collection. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

What a pretty collection of teapots. I really love the first one with the pink rose. The tea for one set is also really beautiful.

Sandra

Gina E. said...

I wouldn't call your collection 'pitiful' - I think they are all lovely.