Feb 13, 2009

It Has Been Said...About Love


It takes a minute to find a special person,

An hour to appreciate them,

A day to love them,

But an entire lifetime to forget them.

Valentine's for 41 years...

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height.

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old griefs and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints,

I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life!

And if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

Happy Valentine's Day!

May your day be filled with love and joy!

You're listening to Johnny Mathis sing "The Twelfth of Never"

Our wedding song 38 1/2 years ago!

14 comments:

Danette said...

Kathy~
Thank you for all the lovely posts this week. And I'm just dying to tell you ~ my whole family LOVES the chocolate mug cake!!:)In my 1200 watt microwave it takes exactly 2 minutes & 50 seconds. Now you can't beat a dessert like that. I went straight to the phone & called a friend to share the recipe with her because I know her 3 college kids will be home for the weekend with friends & this recipe will be perfect. Thanks so much for sharing it. I have it labeled as "Mimi's 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake" so I'll always remember it was from you.
Have a great~romantic Valentine weekend with your hubby!

Blondie's Journal said...

Kathy,

This was just the sweetest post~I love that picture of you & your sweetheart!

The Johnny Mathis song brings back so many memories, it was my late mothers' favorite song~she played it constantly.

Thank you so much a have a romantic day!!

xoxo
Janie

Carla said...

no way you've been married 38 years! You can't be that old:)

Happy Valentine's day to you and your sweetheart:)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a touching and precious post Kathy! I love your darling wedding picture to! My hubby and I were married in 1971 and The 12th of Never was one of our dating songs. Memories! Your home looks so pretty ready for a sweet Valentine's Day! Have a beautiful one!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

There's Johnny singing for you! Love both you guys...have a great day together!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a very Happy Valentines Day! ♥ Hugs :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful post!

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Kathy!

Susan

Lori Lynn said...

♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY & PINK SATURDAY♥♥

Glennis said...

forty-one years - that's special. Wonderful. Have a great Pink Valentines Saturday!

~CC Catherine said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kathy! ;) What a sweet poem...loved it! ;) And, I love Johnny Mathis! ~CC Catherine

Kelli said...

What a beautiful post. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines weekend!!
Thank you so much for stopping by ;-)
Love your scripture on your blog...
Beautiful!
Blessing to you,
kayellen

Char said...

I would say that says it all doesn't it! Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
You and your husband looks precious and young....You bothe looks great! Happy Valentine to You! Katherinellen