Feb 2, 2009

Filling A Blogging Lull - Fifteen For Ten

Someone sent me this meme a while ago - I can't even remember who, but it's kind of fun so I thought I would fill a current blogging lull and do it. Here goes...

Rule for the meme: List the first ten people who commented on your last blog post. If you’re on my list and you are experiencing a blogging lull/looking for a filler, you can do the meme on your blog, too. If not, just read mine and learn a little bit more about ten follower bloggers.

My ten bloggers are:
1. Wendy, Pink Slippers
2. Pam, Grey Like Snuffie
3. Katherine, Yellow Rose Arbor
4. Terry, At Home With Terry and Dennis
5. Catherine, Catherine, de the' Cups
6. CeeKay, Thinkin' of Home
7. Katherine, Lady Katherine Tea Parlor
8. Janmary, Welcome To My World
9. Gattina, Writer Cramps
10. Anni, Hootin' Anni's

1. What is your favorite post from #3's blog?
I loved Katherine's post "Pillow Talk". I love linens and bedding so naturally, her gorgeous pillows were right up my alley!

2. Has #10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
Anni posted a photo taken while flying over the Colorado Rockies which was absolutely incredible. It just screams of God's handiwork!

3. Does #6 reply to comments on their blog?
CeeKay is a proper and polite lady so of course she does! Of course, I may be prejudiced since we've been friends for nearly 30 years.

4. Which part of blogland is #2 from?
Pam is from Missouri.

5. If you could give one piece of advice to #7 what would it be?
I cannot imagine what advice I could possibly give Katherine! She has a beautiful home, she sets a gorgeous table, she creates the most spectacular hand woven baskets, she paints, she loves pink, and she is a courageous breast cancer survivor. Please take the time to read her article on hope.

6. Have you ever tried something from #9's blog?
Gattina is a photography buff. I would say that I have enjoyed looking at her photos since I first discovered her blog and it has encouraged me to strive to be a more imaginative amateur photographer myself

7. Has #1 blogged something that inspired you?
First, Wendy is a wonderful, loving, actively involved, fun mother. That is always inspiring! She also is a woman of faith, which I love. In my opinion, faith is vital to a woman who must juggle a full life filled with children and all the responsibilities that go along with mothering. We only get one shot at raising our kids. Though there is a never a guarantee our kids will grow up to live the life we dream and pray for them, faith helps us find answers to the tough decisions.

8. How often do you comment on #4's blog?
I just found Terry's blog very recently so I've only visited and commented a few times.

9. Do you wait excitedly for #8 to post?
I do enjoy my visits to Janmary's blog and I especially look forward to the frequent pictures she posts of her gorgeous family!

10. How did #5's blog change your life?
I must admit that I don't know Catherine. I have only recently been to her blog a few times. She is a pink loving lady - posts on Pink Saturday and also on Show & Tell Friday. So I can't say that anything I know about Catherine personally has changed my life but everyone we meet is a gift. Catherine has a "Things I Love" list on her sidebar. I love reading those lists. You can learn a lot about a person from the things they choose to list as important in their lives. Catherine is a southern girl who loves things with a French influence. She's a woman of faith. Catherine loves family and anything connected to family, like heirlooms and photographs. No, I don't know Catherine yet, but I think I'd like to!

11.Do you know any of your 10 bloggers in person?
I have known and been friends with CeeKay of Thinkin' of Home for almost 30 years.

12. Do any of your 10 know each other?
I don't believe they do - let us know if I'm wrong!

13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Pam, Grey Like Snuffie, seems to post just about every day.

14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
Well, Hootin' Anni cracks me up. She just says what everyone else thinks - I like that! I must add that CeeKay makes me laugh too. Of course, I know her very well personally, so I know a little more about what's behind a post. And when she talks about her Hubby - I KNOW Hubby!

15. Which of the 10 made you cry (good or bad) tears?
Pam has posted in depth about her personal history and it is very touching. She's a strong woman who, once again, relies on her faith to get through tough days.

7 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is a great meme, I haven't seen this one before. I enjoyed reading all your answers. Thanks for mentioning me!

Katherine

~CC Catherine said...

Kathy, Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my posts! Also, thanks kindly for mentioning me on your post today! What a lovely way to start a Monday! It's interesting that you should write what you did about the "Things I love list" on my blog... I also will read those, and read the profiles to get to know someone a bit better before I post a comment; I did that with yours the first time I visited you. Also..because we are named the same favorite name of "Mimi" to our grandchildren...I instantly felt a sense of kinship with you. Faith, Mimi, and we both love gardening...I do think we have lots in common and hope to become friends Kathy! Have a blessed day! ~CC

pam said...

What a fun meme. Thanks for your sweet comments.

"She's a strong woman who, once again, relies on her faith to get through tough days."

hmmm, yesterday life happened and I'm VERY thankful I can trust Him to take me forward because I am at a TOTAL loss about what to do...so this was like at altar of remembrance moment about who my God has been for me and who He will continue to be. I LOVE that He knew I needed to be lifted up this morning.

Anonymous said...

Mimi,
Love your filler and thank you for mentioning me.

I love visiting your blog and try to visit every time you have a new post. Keep up the good work.
Terry

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great post as always Kat...chuckle over I KNOW hubby! Blogging is so much fun...I can't believe what a part of our lives its become!!

Pink Slippers said...

This is cute and a good filler post.

Salmagundi said...

That was an interesting post, and I'm headed off to check some of those bloggers out. They sound like a great bunch. Sally