Aug 28, 2008

Fragrance

Show & Tell Friday is organized by Kelli at There's No Place Like Home. Visit her blog to see a list of all the Friday S & T posts!


I seem to be a texture/senses type of person, as evidenced by my growing assortment of paper, fabric, room fragrances, candles, and lotions! For today's Show & Tell I'd like to show you some of the loveliest fragrances I have found.


I love a nice room fragrance, as long as they are light and not overwhelming. This one is William-Sonoma, "Millefleur". It is divine. And by the way, it comes in hand soap and lotion as well. All heavenly!
Years ago my mother and I ordered gift baskets from a local woman. We always ordered Belle's Secret Garden. The items were all pink and smelled like nothing else. It, however, is very strong. I teeny tiny spritz will scent your home for hours!

This one is my all time favorite home fragrance. It is "Solace", by Greenleaf. It is a gentle floral scent.
I wish I could tell you the manufacturer of this wonderful pink grapefruit grapefruit scented room fragrance. It looks like some of the spray has dripped down over part of the label. All I can see is Sugar Ca......... Sorry about that...it's a good one, too!
Another wonderful room fragrance is Asquith & Somerset, "Lilac". If you are a lilac lover like I am you would love this one.

I love this extremely inexpensive room spray and liquid hand soap. It is highly scented and smells expensive! The label says the manufacturer is Once Upon A Rose and the scent is Hydrangea. After I bought one or two initially I raked the store for more and bought all they had. If I could find it again I would by 50 more of the hand soap! It's divine!!

Now away from home fragrances and on to personal fragrance. I have worn Cacharel "Anais Anais" for many years. Before that, from the time I was about 14 until probably 15 years ago, I wore White Shoulders. I love them both but for now I'm sticking with Anais Anais. My husband keeps me in supply.

If you have ever had Caswell-Massey scented products, you are probably already a fan. They have a broad range of scents. I adore the Lilac and the Lily of the Valley bath soaps, bath powder, and lotions. The boxes are all gorgeous and each bar is individually wrapped and boxed as well. It makes a fabulous gift! Once I was traveling from Tampa back home, just post 9/11, with a full set for my daughter's birthday. I was concerned about the packages getting damaged in my suitcase so, you guessed it, I packed it in my carry on. The limits for carry on luggage were brand new then and it just didn't occur to me that soap would be an issue. It was. The security agent, nice as he was, took them right out of my bag and dropped them into a trash can. I finally convinced him to allow me to take the items back into the terminal and mail them home to myself. I did so, with about 5 minutes to spare before boarding!



Most of you have probably enjoyed the wonderful lotions available at Victoria's Secret. My favorite is Love Spell, or as my daughter calls it, Honeymoon. She took it on her honeymoon to Hawaii and she says every time she wears it it reminds her of their wonderful trip. My mother gifted me with this tube of luxurious body lotion.

10 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

You and your home must smell divine. You have a lot of wonderful products.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a nice collection of pretty fragrance bottles! I bet they all smell delightful! Even if any of them don't, the bottles are lovely to display!

Katherine

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I love how scents remind us of a certain time or event in our life, the same way a scent invokes memories of her honeymoon for your daughter. I'm glad you shared your favorite fragrances. I always have a hard time picking one for my house or on myself because I'm always worried about how it smells to other people. This is one item I want recommendations on so I will definitely try some of these. I'll start with the Victoria Secret one. Right now I'm using (this is embarrasing) Very Sexy. I'd like to try a new one.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not much on scenting if it's a strong odor when it's indoors....I'd prefer to be outdoors with the scent of a garden. But I DO love and miss terribly the old vintage fragrance of Avon's Rose Geranium. It was so light and so fresh.

I love your display and share this week.

My show n tell is all about baskets this week. I do hope you can find time to stop by! Happy weekend to you.

Sandra said...

Oh I can almost smell those, they all sound so good.

And oh my goodness, another Anais Anais from Cacherel user? I thought I was the only one, none of my friends use it or even know what I'm talking about :)

Love it!

Carla said...

What a collection! I bet you (and your home) always smell sweet!

The Proverbs Wife said...

I sure wish that we could scratch and sniff all of your lovely fragrances. I love fragrances for the home. There are so many scents to choose from.

Pink Slippers said...

Wow, I really enjoyed reading about the different fragrances. I think I will be looking into a few of them. All, if I had a bigger budget. Have a fun weekend. Wendy

Missy Wertz said...

Scents are great reminders. When I was growing up, our next door next door neighbor wore 'rose water'. And some sort of rose scented lotion on her hands. Always smelled good.

Schotzy said...

I wish I could sniff your site! I love lilacs. I need to check into those!