Aug 7, 2008

The Hodge Podge of Show & Tell

Wow! This week seems to have flown by. It's Friday again!! I have a kind of hodge podge Show & Tell this week. Have a perfect weekend everyone!


My daughter gave me this darling candle stand for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. I have used it very often, both inside on the fire place and outside on our deck. It's frame and handle is wrought iron and the globe is clear hobnail glass. Notice the sweet little bird!






About ten years ago my husband and I were antique shopping in the old part of our town. When I spotted two little glass lamps I knew I had to have them and I knew just where I would put them. We bought them, of course. The lamps had been newly rewired so they were ready to be placed right on our family room mantel, one at each end. They cast a gentle light in the room and contribute a bit of a shabby elegance to the room! I absolutely love them and the memory of the day my husband and I walked hand in hand through town to find our sweet little lamps!





This little ceramic pitcher was something I painted as a gift for my mother-in-law. After she passed away it was given back to me.






Isn't this the sweetest little plaque?! My dear friend CeeKay, from Thinkin' of Home, sent it to me in a surprise package. I was tickled pink when I opened the little package! She knows I love to garden and I love pink. C is one of my oldest friends and I treasure her.




CeeKay again! She surprised me with these lovely, lovely white linen cocktail napkins! There are eight of these gorgeous monogrammed things! I just adore them. I think my friend knows me quite well!





The china cup is part of my wedding china. It is white with platinum trim and there is a soft muted silver design on each piece. I rarely use it anymore. Again - WHY?






Finally, I would like some advice from all of you inventive decorating geniuses! No one wanted this old light fixture that was in my in-laws house when we were preparing to sell it. Well naturally, I had to bring it home. Anyone have a suggestion of what do with it now?



26 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hello my friend. I don't know where and I haven't looked yet, but I betcha they make lamp bases that the globe would fit on. It probably would be gorgeous with the light glowing through it....Usually those bases are fairly close in circumference.
Pretty pictures and that globe from Julie is precious!

Charlotte said...

Everything is beautiful. Love the little lamps. I bought a tiny lamp at Steinmart a couple of days ago, but it isn't nearly as pretty as yours. I like it though. It is up on the top of my computer desk shining down on me right now.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Missy Wertz said...

Lovely items Mimi! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Carla said...

What beautiful lights! And what a talent you have! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy!!

Great treasures you have there. I love your monogrammed linens - I am in love with anything monogrammed! :)

Carrie said...

It's great to see all these treasures...thanks for sharing.

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Kathy, I love all your beautiful items you have posted today! Perfect for Show and Tell Friday!
Love, Ann

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....such an impressive show n tell!! I especially like the napkins. So elegant yet so simple. Good taste.

Stop by my antique show n tell if you can. [you'll need to scroll down a bit since I added the Tropical Storm update of the damage done in Houston where my son lives on the top of my blog this morning! ---]

Happy weekend.

Unknown said...

Those are lovely lamps. I too have a lovely dinner service which I rarely/never use. Why?

A Hint of Home said...

Just ask Ceekay about the light fixture. She has great idea for things. Love your lamps and all your sweet things.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What beautiful treasure's you've shared today Mimi :)...I think the lampshade is beautiful as is.

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)

Jean said...

Love the candle stand and the darling lamps are a great find! Jean

LBP said...

All of your treasures are so delightful! I will have to put on my thinking cap about what to do with that lovely globe.

Blessings

Linda

Wanita said...

Everything you shared is very pretty. The little lamps really caught my eye. I've been looking for something similar for a vanity that belonged to my mom.

The globe is lovely. Could you leave it turned upside down in some kind of base to stabilize it and then put a tealight in it?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Pink Slippers said...

Good morning. The little birdie and hobnails are just my taste. And your other show and tell "things" are very special. Mostly the painted teapot story. Now that can be a little family history to pass to someone else one day. (child or grandchild). By the way, I wanted to tell you your piggie picture is so stinkin' adorable. (LOL). Thank you for sharing and have a GREAT weekend. Wendy.

Dianne said...

You have so many treasures! I have a piece similar to what your daughter gave you, but mine is a beehive! I have similar lampshades to what you added to your pretty lamps.
As for the lamp base (which is pretty) could it hold flowers-fresh or faux?
Have a nice weekend!
diadsie.wordpress.com

Tammy said...

Everything you showed is just gorgeous...love the candle stand your daughter gave you!

I didn't realize that Ceekay was a longtime friend! The surprise package she sent was so thoughtful and was wonderful things!

I was scrolling down and just saw your WW post...LOL! How cute is that! (Well, and a little slobbery! heehee)

Have a great weekend, Kathy!
~Tammy

Sandra said...

I loved it all, everything is just beautiful :) Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us :)

Barbara H. said...

What sweet things! I especially love the style of those lamps. That globe is beauitful. If you can't find a base it would fit in to use as a lamp, maybe it could be a vase? Actually I thought it was a garden gazing ball at first.

I love that sign, too. I don't garden, but I love pink. And you did a wonderful job on that pitcher.

Donna Gotlib said...

Oh, I love the hodge podge! You always have such fun things to share. It's a delight to see what you are going to come up with.

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

How beautiful are all your treasures, Mimi! I love what you've done with the light globe, and those monogrammed napkins are divine!

Have a happy weekend!

Tracy said...

They are all such lovely pieces, I can't decide which I like best! Enjoyed your Show & Tell! :)

Mommy said...

Everything that you showed is beautiful! I really like the wrought iron thing on your fireplace! It's my style.

The pottery piece that you made for you MIL is so beautiful, and perosnal at the same time. Very nice! :)

Thanks for stopping by my show and tell!

Lisa Cobler said...

That candle holder is great. I love unique pieces like that. Great treasures.

Kelli said...

Such lovely things! I love the candle with the little bird and your wedding china is beautiful!
~Kelli

Unknown said...

wow lot's of goodies here all very lovely. I love the little bird on the candle holder your daughter gave you. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you for sharing your treasures, Mica