Sep 18, 2008

"I"

Pam at Gray Like Snuffie is hosting a blog-a-thon: The A B C's of the Word. Bloggers post a Bible verse beginning with the next letter of the alphabet each Thursday. Today's letter is "I".

"I can do everything through Christ, who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
I could hardly wait for week "I" to come around because this is my personal life Bible verse! Life can just be plain hard sometimes, can't it? It never fails to comfort and encourage me when I repeat this verse. For example, as grateful as I am for a treatment for my illness, it is nonetheless difficult at times to face another day long infusion every three weeks, with all the problems and side effects that go along with them. I CAN DO ANYTHING THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME! I don't think I can, I don't wonder if I can, I KNOW I can! I know because the Bible tells me so, I know because God is my Heavenly Father who promised to guide and protect me, and I know because I have proof - He has kept His promise and continues to help me to do what I need to do. This verse gives me courage when I have none, encouragement when I need it, and it brings me peace. PEACE. Isn't that what we so often long for more than anything? Philippians 4:13 is my peace in troubled moments.

13 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Hi Kathy,
You are such an inspiration! Every time I read one of your posts about your illness I'm amazed and blessed by your attitude. Just keep hanging in there and through Him you will continue to do all things.
God Bless and you're in my prayers.
Cori

pam said...

good one

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Everytime I am in a situation that I don't want to be, I always quote that verse to myself. It sometimes is the only thing to get me through.

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your verse as well( it's on he wall in my hall)...scripture is so chalk full of good stuff! LOL!

Liz said...

I love that you thought of this verse...How can I ever forget it? I CAN do all things! Isn't He wonderful? Thank you for the reminder.

ellen b. said...

You are a great testimony to this verse. May God continue to bless you with his strength and peace and comfort as you live with your illness...

Carrie said...

Wonderful assurance in His power...only He makes this verse true.

Lana G! said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Wonderful life verse!

A Hint of Home said...

It is a comforting verse. It helps you get through some rough waters of life.
Have a good week and thanks for sharing that.

Pink Slippers said...

That verse HELPS me when I am defeated after a long day when my kiddos got the victory over me. Meaning they tied me up like a bunch of wild indians and lit me on fire. No not really but SOME days it sure feels like it. And if it was not them then maybe the laundry (family of 8 ya know?) Wendy

Kathy said...

Just when I think I can do it all myself I find out that I can only do it through Him who strengthens me. I love this verse. You have a beautiful attitude toward life and its challenges, Kathy. What an inspiration you have been to me. ~Kathy

Margie said...

This is such an awesome verse, and a wonderful life verse. You are a wise lady to lean on His promises like you do, in times when you are in need of His strength, because His strength will carry you through when nothing else can.

My verse was posted late this week, I'm running a bit behind! Please stop by if you get a chance!

Margie :)

Sweetie said...

Kathy, I think that particular verse is something that I needed to hear. The A B C's of the Word is a wonderful endeavor. Thanks for sharing.
Sweetie