Sep 30, 2008

Fat Free Apple Walnut Muffins

A couple of days ago I posted a recipe for fat free chocolate cupcakes. I tweaked the recipe a bit and came up with some wonderful fat free apple walnut muffins. I hope you enjoy them.

Fat Free Apple Walnut Muffins
1 carrot cake mix
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1/4 cup flour
4 apples, peeled and chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Using a mixer blend the first 3 ingredients for several minutes until the batter is well blended. Stir in the flour, chopped apple, and walnuts. Place cupcake liners in pans and lightly spray with baking spray. Fill the cups 2/3 full. Bake 25 - 30 minutes in 325 degree oven and the muffins feel firm to touch. Do not under bake. Cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Hi Kathy,
Thank you very much for your recent visit to my blog and your kind comments. It means a lot to me.

These muffins sound wonderful. I know apples and walnuts are so good for us and fat free too ~ what more could you ask for. I will try them for sure.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

A Hint of Home said...

Sounds like another great recipe! Waiting on our ride to go to the airport. Hope to see you Sat.
I know you girls are having fun.